The Patient and Family Meetings are free virtual events, designed for brain tumor patients, caregivers and their loved ones to learn, gain support and build a community.
These educational meetings allow attendees to hear from and engage with experts about brain tumor treatments, including standard of care and clinical trials, discuss methods to improve quality of life and understand invaluable resources in the community, while sharing experiences with other brain tumor patients and loved ones.
This year, each meeting focuses on an important topic impacting patients, caregivers and families along the brain tumor journey, from newly diagnosed to survivorship.
These meetings will be held virtually to ensure the health and safety of our participants.
Upcoming Patient & Family Meetings
Saturday, June 12, 2021
This virtual educational meeting empowers metastatic patients and their caregivers to make decisions about the diagnosis, treatment and care of a brain metastasis through the latest research and science.
- the science behind a tumor’s origin and migration to the brain
- latest techniques in treatment, including neurosurgery, radiation, chemotherapy, laser interstitial thermal therapy and more
- ways to reduce and prevent symptoms and side effects from brain metastases and treatments, focused on quality of life and cognition
- the multi-disciplinary team approach to deliver best-in-class care
- hear from patients and caregivers navigating a brain metastasis
Chaired and moderated by Vinai Gondi, MD, Northwestern Medicine Cancer Center, Warrenville.
Saturday, November 6, 2021
This virtual educational meeting will help to maximize your life as a brain tumor survivor by enhancing your health and wellness after a brain tumor diagnosis and treatment.
Gain strategies to expand your:
- cognitive functioning
- emotional well-being
- mental health
Chaired and moderated by Susan M. Chang, MD, University of California, San Francisco.
*Registration is now closed. You may view a recording of the meeting.
This virtual educational meeting empowers and equips newly diagnosed patients and caregivers with information and resources to make decisions throughout treatment and care. Gain key insights to navigate the early stages of a brain tumor diagnosis.
- going from a state of shock to walking out of your medical appointments with a clear plan
- tackling mental, physical and emotional side effects resulting from treatment
- financial and legal resources to avoid financial toxicity, and social and emotional support strategies for improved wellness
- how and where to access clinical trials; how you fit into the research equation
Co-chaired and moderated by Erin Dunbar, MD, Piedmont Brain Tumor Center.
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors
Meeting Series Sponsor
Brain Metastases Meeting Sponsor
Funded in part by: