The Patient and Family Meetings are free virtual events, designed for brain tumor patients, caregivers and their loved ones to learn, gain support and build a community.
These educational meetings allow attendees to hear from and engage with experts about brain tumor treatments, including standard of care and clinical trials, discuss methods to improve quality of life and understand invaluable resources in the community, while sharing experiences with other brain tumor patients and loved ones.
This year, each meeting focuses on an important topic impacting patients, caregivers and families along the brain tumor journey, from newly diagnosed to survivorship.
These meetings will be held virtually to ensure the health and safety of our participants.
Upcoming Patient & Family Meetings
Saturday, March 20, 2021
This virtual educational meeting empowers and equips newly diagnosed patients and caregivers with information and resources to make decisions throughout treatment and care. Gain key insights to navigate the early stages of a brain tumor diagnosis.
- going from a state of shock to walking out of your medical appointments with a clear plan
- tackling mental, physical and emotional side effects resulting from treatment
- financial and legal resources to avoid financial toxicity, and social and emotional support strategies for improved wellness
- how and where to access clinical trials; how you fit into the research equation
Co-chaired and moderated by Erin Dunbar, MD, Piedmont Brain Tumor Center.
Saturday, June 12, 2021
This virtual educational meeting empowers and equips metastatic patients and their caregivers with information and resources to make decisions about treatment and care. Hear from leading experts and get an understanding of:
- how to identify the signs and symptoms of a brain metastasis
- how to manage a brain metastasis diagnosis
- the latest research and treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation and more.
Chaired and moderated by Vinai Gondi, MD, Northwestern Medicine Cancer Center, Warrenville.
Saturday, November 6, 2021
This virtual educational meeting will help to maximize your life as a brain tumor survivor by enhancing your health and wellness after a brain tumor diagnosis and treatment. Gain strategies to expand your:
Chaired and moderated by Susan M. Chang, MD, University of California, San Francisco.
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors
Meeting Series Sponsor
Funded in part by: