The ABTA is committed to:
- Increasing research funding.
- Improving the quality of information available to patients and their caregivers.
- Boosting the number of newly diagnosed patients who get information they need right away, so they can make informed treatment decisions.
- Serving as the voice of the brain tumor community.
Here are some of the ways we’ve made an impact in 2017.
Total raised: $2,253,005
- 136 Team Breakthrough members
- $181,837 raised total
Volunteer Fundraising Events
Total raised: $553,804
Number of events: 57
- Awarded $1,215,000 in grants to 18 new projects
- $400,000 funded 2 Research Collaboration Grants
- $500,000 funded 5 Basic Research Fellowship Grants
- $300,000 funded 6 Discovery Grants
- $15,000 funded 5 Medical Student Summer Fellowship Grants
- More than 2,000 brain tumor patients and caregivers were connected with information and resources
- 75% of those who contact CareLine report that the information and resources provided were helpful or very helpful
- 55% report feeling less distressed after speaking with CareLine staff
- Over 17,000 users on Connections
- 140 brain tumor patients and caregivers were connected with a peer mentor
- 340 brain tumor patients and caregivers interacted with the TrialConnect navigator
Trial Connect Navigator
- 140 were referred to appropriate clinical trials
Partners in Treatment & Care
Total Attendees: 187
Other Family Members: 11
Health Care Professionals: 8
We hope that you will join us in advancing this important work.