2018: WHERE THE MONEY GOES
Guided by our mission, and advised by a multidisciplinary team of experts, the ABTA is dedicated to funding research that has the potential to change the lives of people affected by brain tumors. We also aim to “seed the field” with promising up-and-coming researchers in the brain tumor space.
- The ABTA awarded $974,000 in grants to 18 new projects
- $200,000 funded 1 Research Collaboration Grant
- $500,000 funded 5 Basic Research Fellowship Grants
- $250,000 funded 5 Discovery Grants
- $24,000 funded 8 Medical Student Summer Fellowship Grants
- These grants funded projects spanning across multiple tumor types:
- Anaplastic oligodendroglioma, Glioblastoma, Low grade gliomas, Malignant gliomas, Medulloblastoma, Meningiomas, Oligodendroglioma, Primary CNS Lymphoma, Metastatic Tumors
- Research areas of focus:
- Angiogenesis, Biomarkers, Cell Cycle, Cell Signaling, Drug Delivery, Drug Therapies/Experimental Therapeutics, Genetics, Gene Therapy & Viral Based Therapies, Imaging, Immunotherapy/Immunology, Invasion/motility
2019: CURRENTLY FUNDED RESEARCHERS
Medical Student Summer Fellowship
The ABTA Medical Student Summer Fellowship program is a 10-12 week mentor-focused summer program, intended to motivate talented medical students to pursue a career in neuro-oncology research.
See the Newly Awarded Summer Fellows
Research Collaboration Grant
The ABTA Research Collaboration Grant is a two-year grant that supports a multi-PI, multidisciplinary project that can accelerate advances in the understanding and treatment of brain tumors through collaborative team science.