What is the Legacy Society?
The American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) established the Legacy Society to celebrate and thank those individuals who share our vision of a world where not one life is lost to a brain tumor. Should you choose to include the ABTA in your will or other estate plans, we would be honored to know of your intentions and invite you to be a member of our Legacy Society.
Benefits and Recognition
The ABTA honors every planned gift donor with membership in the Legacy Society. As a member, you will enjoy:
- The satisfaction of making a gift that ensures the important work of the ABTA for future generations.
- Special mailings to Legacy Society members and invitations to exclusive events.
- The opportunity, if you agree, for your gift to be publicly recognized and the option, if you prefer, to give anonymously.
Joining the Legacy Society
Joining the Legacy Society is simple:
- Download the Planned Giving Commitment form.
- Complete the form in full.
- Email your completed PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a printed copy to the below address:
Attn: The Legacy Society
8550 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Suite 550
Chicago, IL 60631
The form is non-binding and does not constitute a legal promise of any future donation to the ABTA.
Leaving a Gift is Easy
Bequests from a will or trust are the most common way to leave a gift to the ABTA. Some people set aside a certain dollar amount. Others leave a percentage of the estate or assets left over after providing for their family. Others have made the ABTA the beneficiary of 401K/IRA plans or insurance policies. All qualify a person or couple for membership in the Legacy Society.
Talk to us. We can help you structure your gift and find ways to take care of those important to you. When you discuss your gifts with us, we are able to honor your wishes by following your plans. Your instructions can be changed at any time with a simple phone call or email.
We are so pleased, through the Legacy Society, to recognize you. No gift has a bigger impact than a planned gift. Because of the generosity of people like you, the ABTA can continue its mission: funding breakthrough brain tumor research and providing critical patient services to the brain tumor community.