The American Brain Tumor Association is here as your partner in care. As a professional working in the brain tumor community, you are already dedicated to providing comprehensive, quality care to brain tumor patients and their families. Let the ABTA help enhance that care by providing supplemental and meaningful resources for your patients and their caregivers.
Through the ABTA you can also:
- Order publications for patients. We provide publications on all major brain tumor types, a Brain Tumor Dictionary and a guide book called About Brain Tumors: A Primer for Patients and Caregivers, as well as publications on treatments including chemotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, radiation therapy, and more.
- Attend an upcoming support group facilitator mentoring session to learn how to start or lead a group while earning continuing education credits.
- Watch a previously recorded webinar or register for an upcoming program on various brain tumor-related topics and share with your patients to explain where treatment is heading.
- Coming in 2013: Brain Tumor Clinical Practice Guidelines.
Quality of Life Grants for Minnesota-based Health Care Institutions
The American Brain Tumor Association invites Minnesota-based 501(c)(3) organizations whose mission is consistent with that of the ABTA to apply for a Quality of Life Grant. The mission of the American Brain Tumor Association is to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and, ultimately, saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis. Small, restricted grants up to $10,000 will be awarded to recipients whose projects demonstrate the greatest impact in the brain tumor community. Please visit the ABTA website at www.abta.org to get started. To apply:
1. Click here to view a sample application.
2. Send an email to email@example.com to request, download, complete and print an official application.
3. Complete your application (using additional sheets if necessary) and mail application with all supporting documentation to:
The American Brain Tumor Association
Attn. J. Westlund – QoL Grant
8550 W Bryn Mawr Ave., Ste. 550
Chicago, IL 60631
Application and supporting documentation must be completed in full and received online or postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 17, 2013. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Awardees will be notified six to eight weeks following the application deadline. If you have questions or need assistance, please call 773-577-8771 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to provide the tools to help you build relationships as one of our partners in care. For more information, additional resources or questions, please call our CareLine at (800) 886-ABTA (2282) or email us at email@example.com