The ABTA Alumni Research Network (AARN) is a network of brain tumor researchers that have been funded by the ABTA. The purpose of the AARN is to support the ABTA’s mission to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors by fostering excellence in brain tumor research through professional development, communications, education, training and collaboration.
Engagement with ABTA Community
Members are invited to speak at our events, to speak on behalf of the ABTA through our Speaker’s Bureau, to review ABTA publications, and to serve on review committees for ABTA grant applications.
- 10 AARN members wrote letters in support of reducing limits on access to tumor treating fields for Medicare patients.
- Michael Olin, PhD, and Francisco Puerta-Martinez spoke about their research at the ABTA BT5K – Twin Cities in 2019.
- Craig Horbinski, MD, PhD, participated in the Mock Tumor Board at the 2019 ABTA National Conference.
- Milan Chheda reviewed the ABTA Brochure on Oligogendrogliomas.
- Priscilla Brastianos, MD, informed patients and caregivers about Personalized Medicine at the 2019 ABTA National Conference.
- Kyuson Yun, PhD, Martyn Sharpe, PhD, and Betty Kim, MD, PhD gave tours of their lab to ABTA staff.
- Erik Sulman, MD, PhD, Co-chaired the ABTA New York Regional Patient and Family Meeting.
- Josh Neman, PhD, helped with the planning and spoke at the BT5K in Los Angeles
The AARN Annual Meeting brings together past and current ABTA-funded researchers over the course of two and a half-days to foster scientific exchange and collaboration to help accelerate brain tumor discoveries.
“I came out with advice on projects, new collaborations, and immensely useful career advice. Can’t get more valuable than that in only 2 and half days!”
“It is different from other meetings. I felt like everybody is really committed to achieve the final goal of finding a cure for brain tumors.”
“The AARN meeting is one of my favorite conferences. I have made friends, built collaborations, and learned from shared experiences in ways that have helped me and others in the brain tumor field.”
Annual Meeting Co-Chairs
View photos from the 2018 meeting
Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, bool given in /homepages/39/d809591630/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ABTA/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php on line 1184