The ABTA is seeking a Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications to lead our donor marketing and communications strategy. In this role, you will plan, implement, and manage print and digital marketing initiatives designed to increase brand awareness, attract new donors and engage and retain existing donors. This position is ideal for a hands-on, growth-oriented marketer who is well-versed in the full spectrum of integrated marketing tactics, enjoys composing emotionally compelling content and is eager to ideate creative solutions to help drive our mission forward.
The Senior Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications and work closely with the Development Department. In addition, this position will directly manage one team member and manage website and SEO vendors.
Salary is in the mid to upper $70K range.
Position location is remote.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with leadership across Marketing and Communications and Development teams to establish marketing strategies to support business objectives for individual giving campaigns.
- Build and implement brand awareness strategies to attract and engage new constituents.
- Enhance existing donor retention strategy to establish a cohesive cadence of communications.
- Lead the ideation and implementation of the ABTA’s annual donor solicitation campaigns.
- Leading the creation of donor proposals, collateral pieces, stewardship reports, email outreach and direct mail solicitations.
- Create an Annual Impact Report, inclusive of content, design layout and distribution.
- Create compelling content and design assets to support social and digital marketing tactics.
- Manage website and SEM vendors to continuously optimize site for new constituent acquisition.
- Manage project budgets and monthly expense reporting.
- Manage one direct report and relationships with vendors.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Marketing, Advertising or Communications.
- Experience in a development office or non-profit setting.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and implementing high-performing digital marketing strategies.
- Proficient in digital marketing best practices, optimization techniques, with a focus on acquisition and retention.
- Ability to digest data and translate it into clear, meaningful, and actionable insights.
- Strong writing, editing and storytelling skills. Ability to synthesize and relay information into creative and meaningful messages tailored to diverse audiences.
- Solid design skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Creative Suite) to create marketing assets to complement social media and digital marketing.
- Experience with content management system (WordPress/Elementor), a plus.
- Experience with CRMs and marketing automation platforms (Salesforce/Pardot), a plus.
- Experience managing multiple large scale, highly visible projects simultaneously, under tight timelines and interfacing with executive leadership.
- Experienced manager, with ability to lead full-time and contract resources, as well as manage project budgets.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Ability to work closely with a large group of stakeholders representing various areas of business.
About Our Culture
The ABTA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; a 401K plan with employer match; parental leave; monthly technology stipend; a generous paid time off plan; summer hours; smart casual dress, including jeans; free access to on-site fitness center; free office parking; work-life balance and flexible work-from-home schedule.
Work environment may involve moderate risks or discomforts, which require special safety precautions (e.g., automobile and airplane travel). This position may require some travel, up to approximately 30%. Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of sitting and walking while handling company business. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, including boxes of ABTA literature and supplies for various events. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Interested in Working for the ABTA?
Submit a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org