Are you cause-driven and can embrace our mission where brain tumors are eliminated? Are you experienced in both events management and fundraising and want to combine those skills to benefit our nonprofit? The American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) is a steadfast advocate on behalf of the brain tumor community in the U.S. where we help patients, caregivers and their loved ones. Our mission is to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and, ultimately, saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis.
Join us as the Community Manager, Eastern Region where you will work as part of our development team to execute a revenue portfolio driven by relationship building, pipeline development, events and fundraising activities, as well as mission and outreach integration.
The Community Manager, Eastern Region will ensure goal achievement through effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilizations of a wide variety of partners, corporations, constituents, donors and volunteers. In conjunction with community volunteers, the Community Manager will oversee the development, planning, implementation and execution of assigned BT5K Breakthrough for Brain Tumors Run/Walk events. The Community Manager will travel throughout the designated market areas as needed to meet with local volunteers, constituents, key supporters and ABTA research partners. The Community Manager is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, cultivating partnerships that promote awareness in the brain tumor community, meeting and exceeding fundraising revenue goals and further advancing the mission of the ABTA.
This position is remote. However, it is ideal for candidates to be located in the northeastern part of the U.S. with access to reliable transportation and the ability to easily access a major airport.
HOW YOU’LL SERVE OUR ORGANIZATION
Events & Volunteer Engagement
- In partnership with local volunteers, plan, assess and evaluate events that meet the programmatic and quality goals of ABTA, ensuring flawless experiences for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners, community members and volunteers.
- Coordinate with Director of Volunteer Network to recruit, train and support community volunteers.
- Partner with the Director of Corporate Relations and local volunteers to identify, target, and steward corporate partnerships for sponsorship and/or corporate events.
- Provide guidance and ABTA resources to volunteer planning committees in assigned BT5K markets.
- Lead volunteers to coordinate all aspects of BT5K events and other community events including registration, participant fundraising and logistics.
- Maintain strong internal and external communications with all event participants, volunteers, corporate partners and other constituents.
- Assist the Director of Events with preparing BT5K events and content delivery strategies and plans that are aligned with ABTA’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Update and maintain event websites and ensure e-mails are properly formatted and scheduled with the approval of the Director of Events.
- Respond in a prompt and expeditious manner to all voicemail, e-mail, and phone messages from ABTA staff members, volunteers, participants, Board members, vendors, and constituents within 24-hours of receipt.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with constituents to provide educational opportunities for the general public to learn about ABTA and its mission.
- Represent the ABTA at regional patient meetings, conferences, and other events, as needed.
- Engage with ABTA-funded researchers and academic institutions in assigned markets to promote the ABTA research program and funding opportunities.
- Share ABTA patient resources and materials with local healthcare providers.
WHAT WE ASK FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of related experience in events, nonprofit fundraising and/or sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, organized and willing to help with any project large or small.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants and other supporters.
- High degree of creativity, responsibility, initiative, and professionalism.
- Experience coordinating events and staff /volunteer activities.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience using Classy or similar constituent engagement tools and Salesforce, a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% and work some evenings and weekends in support of ABTA events.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org