The Advancement Intern – Events supports the events team with all aspects of developing, planning, implementing and executing projects. The Advancement Intern – Events will support and manage Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5K (BT5K) Run & Walk and Team Breakthrough endurance program projects to provide exceptional customer service, meet and exceed fundraising revenue goals, and further advance the mission of the ABTA.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Support regular customer service functions of the Events Department pertaining to ABTA Special Events.
- Manage projects related to planning, fundraising, recruitment, and retention activities.
- Recruit and cultivate event participants and volunteers for ABTA Special Events and ABTA annual Patient & Family Conference.
- Work with Marketing & Communications team to help support event related marketing. Provide updates and story ideas for ABTA internal and external communications and social media channels.
- Support creation and distribution of event communications.
- Help support the activities and responsibilities of volunteers and Events Department staff.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- High School Diploma and/or GED, and currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, organized and willing to help with any project large or small.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, donors, participants and other supporters.
- High degree of creativity, responsibility, initiative, and professionalism.
- Experience volunteering with events and volunteer activities preferred.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
The work environment may involve moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions (e.g., automobile travel). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work requires some physical strain such as long periods of sitting and walking while handling company business. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds, including boxes of ABTA literature. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The ABTA, in conformity with applicable laws, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability.
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume.