Houston Methodist Hospital, Conference Room 304, 8100 Greenbriar St, Houston, Texas
Date: February 12, April 9, June 11, August 13, October 8, and December 10
Time: 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Event URL: http://www.houstonmethodist.org/neurology/locations/texas-medical-center/clinical-programs/kenneth-r-peak-brain-pituitary-treatment-center/support-group/
Lindy Suarez, LCSW or Julie Baskin, RN
Phone: 713-363-9300 or 713-441-1832
Informative and supportive group that welcomes patients, family members, caregivers and health care professionals. Dinner is included. Parking is free.
• A group atmosphere for discussion to help provide emotional support, and a forum where patients and caregivers can learn how other cancer patients and survivors cope with similar conditions.
• Resources to learn about the diagnosis of brain tumors, various treatments, clinical trials and other valuable information.
• General advice on facilities and organizations who specialize in patient care, assistance and special needs.
• Guest speakers and health care specialists who can answer questions, share coping methods and offer guidance to patients and caregivers.
• A support network with others who are living similar situations throughout treatment and recovery. This service also allows patients, survivors, caregivers and family members to support one another through the sharing of mutual experiences.